Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1KYebDXd9

Monday, February 22, 2010

Penne Pesto with Chicken

I got this recipe from my neighbor - Thanks Cathy!

(I'm not sure why everything is underlined - I can't seem to turn it off!)

I first got a fresh bundle of broccoli that I cut into small pieces. You might be able to use frozen broccoli, which would cut down on your prep time. Because this was the first time I have made this dinner, I decided to use fresh broccoli.

Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, scoop out the broccoli and put it to the side. Use the boiling water to cook your noodles. The recipe called for Penne noodles, but I used spirals.

The recipe also called for fully cooked grilled chicken strips that are cut into bite size pieces (probable something that you could find already cooked at the store). I used chicken breast which I seasoned with salt and pepper, then cooked in a pan with some oil.



As the chicken cooks, cut up fresh garlic. I used two cloves. I assume that you could use minced garlic from a jar - which I will try next time. Anything to save time cooking dinner!


Once the chicken was cooked, I cut the breast into small pieces.


This is the basil pesto that I used to season the meal.


The last step is to mix all of the ingredients. I didn't measure anything while making this - just eye balled it. I probably used 3 or 4 tablespoons of the pesto. Let every thing mix and heat up together. Then serve!


Not only does this look SOOO good, but it tastes great!


No comments:

Post a Comment