Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1KYebDXd9

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Changes, New Body??

Yesterday, Mike and I kicked off the P90X with a fitness test. Not to bore you will all the results, here are a few of mine:

Vertical - 14 inches
Push up (on the toes) - 25
Bicep Curls - 20 @ 10 lbs in each hand
Total amount of calories needed for this program each day - 2,196!

I went to the store last night and bought 'good food'. Last night, we splurged on McDonald's one last time... good bye fries....

I also cooked breakfast and lunch last night! (I was up late). After looking at the 'menu' P90X suggested, Mike and I have come up with a way to 'tweak' it. We refuse to throw away any food that we have already bought just because it is not on 'the menu'. We will incorporate it in moderation. I have cut out all soda (not that I drank very much) and all coffee. Mike can't cut out the soda cold turkey, so he has cut back to one a day (and for anyone who knows him, he is a soda hound!)

Today breakfast was a mushroom omelet with a side of fresh strawberries. The omelet called for 6 egg whites, 3/4 cup of mushrooms sliced, 2 tablespoons of green onions, salt and pepper to taste, 1 1/2 oz of cheese, and tomatoes. For those who really know me, I'm not a tomato kind of person so I left that out. I also really don't care for mushrooms, so I cut them into small pieces.

My feeling on the breakfast - no good! I was starving this morning, and I think that is the only reason I forced myself to eat it!! ha ha. I also got a call from Mike saying, "I appreciate you staying up and cooking for me, but it was not good at all!" ha ha!!! I guess we'll be crossing that off the menu!

The program also calls for a protein bar between breakfast and lunch. Because I have never eaten protein bars, I bought a few different brands/flavors to test them out. Today I'm trying Odwalla's chewy nut bar - Sweet & Salty Almond. I've been warned that protein bars are not very good tasting, so we'll see!
For lunch, we are having a salad with strawberries, slices of turkey and ham, with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I don't see how you can go wrong with that!

Tonight is the first work out DVD.

Also, tonight, I'm meeting with another florist for the wedding. Let's hope this meeting goes well and I can cross that off the wedding To Do List!

1 comment: