Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1KYebDXd9

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pot Roast

Last night, I made Pot Roast for the first time.... well not sure you can call it pot roast cause I cooked it in the oven... but either way, I cooked a really good, easy meal!!

Here's the recipe:
2.5 lb Boneless Roast Chuck
1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
6 Small Potatoes
6 Carrots
1/3 Cup of A.1. Sauce
1/3 Cup of Water
1/2 of an Onion


NOTE: *The recipe called for an aluminum pan, but I used a glass Pyrex dish and lined it with aluminum. I would not do this again in the future because when I tried to scoop out the food and juice when it was done cooking, I had to be careful not to rip the foil. I would just put it in the glass pan. - Just ignore the foil in the pictures!*

Put the meat in the dish - I poked it several times on each side with a fork.


In a bowl, mix together the A.1. Sauce,


the Soup Mix and water.


Cut up the veggies into small 1 - 2 inches pieces and spread them around the meat. Pour the wet mixture over the food.


I decided to add minced garlic at the last minute....


Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook in a 350 degree preheated oven for 2 hours.


Viola!



I cooked rice to go along with the dinner!




No comments:

Post a Comment